Scholarships for Active Duty and Retired Enlisted Service Members Pursuing STEM Degrees
Lieutenant General Douglas D. Buchholz Memorial Scholarship
The AFCEA Augusta-Fort Gordon Chapter presents one Lieutenant General Douglas Buchholz Memorial Scholarship award each year. This $2000 annual award is given in honor of the late LTG Douglas Buchholz, USA (Ret.), who was the 27th Chief of Signal and Commanding General of the U.S. Army Signal Center and Fort Gordon.
- Current active duty ENLISTED service member assigned to Fort Gordon, Georgia or retired enlisted service member that resides in Aiken, Burke, Columbia, Lincolnton or Richmond counties
- Must be currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate degree program at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Must have completed a minimum of 15 semester hours/25 quarter hours
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (where 4.0=A) and submission of most current official transcript
- Two written recommendations: - For Active Duty: One from a Commander or Senior Enlisted Person in the chain of command and the other from a college professor, pastor or other respected community official; - For Veterans: One from an employer (supervisor) and the other from a college professor, pastor or other respected community official.
- Submission of a 450-650 word essay addressing the following topic: "Explain how you will use your degree to benefit the United States or the Department of Defense.
Application period: January 1, 2018 - April 20, 2018
Applications postmarked after April 20, 2018 will not be considered.
For questions, please contact Horace Carney, Education Committee Chairman at HRCarney@gmail.com