Scholarships for Active Duty Enlisted Service Members Pursuing STEM Degrees
Lieutenant General Douglas D. Buchholz Memorial Scholarship
The AFCEA Augusta-Fort Gordon Chapter offers this $2000 scholarship to an enlisted service member assigned to Fort Gordon who is enrolled in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) Bachelor's Degree program at an accredited university. This scholarship was established in partnership with General Dynamics to honor the late LTG Douglas Buchholz, USA (Ret.), who was the 27th Chief of Signal and former Commanding General of the U.S. Army Signal Center and Fort Gordon.
- Current active duty ENLISTED service member assigned to Fort Gordon, Georgia
- Must be currently enrolled in a four-year STEM undergraduate degree program at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Must have completed a minimum of 15 semester hours/25 quarter hours
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (where 4.0=A) and submit a current official transcript
- Must provide two written recommendations: One from a Commander or Senior Enlisted Person in the chain of command and the other from a college professor, pastor or other respected community official
- Submission of a 450-650 word essay addressing the following topic: "Explain how you will use your degree to benefit the United States or the Department of Defense."
Application period: August 1, 2019 - September 30, 2019
Applications postmarked after September 30, 2019 will not be considered.
For questions, please contact Horace Carney, Education Committee Chairman at HRCarney@gmail.com
Download the Scholarship Application below: